These are the top 5 golf courses in the world where you can play a round out.
From breathtaking ocean views to stunning mountain peaks, these beautiful golf courses won’t disappoint.
Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
5. Home of the Caribbean’s number one golf course, Teeth of the Dog, this luxurious 7,000-acre resort boasts 90 holes of golf surrounded by white-sand beaches and clear blue waters. In addition to many other impressive accolades, Casa de Campo was just named the “Golf Resort of the Year” in the 2014 IAGTO (Global Golf Tourism Organization) Awards.
Fancourt, South Africa
4. Golfers at this premier golf resort have the stunning Outeniqua Mountains as the backdrop of their swings. Perfectly conditioned and highly ranked courses make Fancourt the ideal destination to spend time on the green.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort, South Carolina
3. World-class golf courses at this luxury retreat offer unobstructed views of the Atlantic shoreline from every hole. The Ocean Course is notoriously tough due to its large slopes, numerous bunkers and challenging Bermuda grass.
Old Course Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland
2. Renowned worldwide as the “home of golf,” St. Andrews boasts 11 courses in the immediate area for golf aficionados and casual players alike. Among the impressive greens is The Old Course Hotel’s own championship course, The Duke’s.
The American Club Resort, Kohler, Wisconsin
1. Four Pete Dye-designed championship golf courses (including the famed Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits) make The American Club Resort a golfer’s paradise. Whistling Straits is home to the upcoming 2015 PGA Championship and 2020 Ryder Cup.